This Barbados National Energy Policy (BNEP) 2019-2030 document is designed to achieve the 100% renewable energy and carbon neutral island- state transformational goals by 2030.
- Provision of reliable, safe, affordable, sustainable, modern and climate friendly energy services to all residents and visitors.
- Zero domestic consumption of fossil fuels economy wide.
- Export of all hydrocarbons produced both on land and offshore.
- Maximising local participation (individual and corporate) in distributed renewable energy (RE) generation and storage (democratisation of energy).
- Minimise the outflow of foreign exchange.
- Creating a regional centre of excellence in RE research and development.