- Descargar 0
- Tamaño del archivo 0.00 KB
- Recuento de archivos 1
- Fecha de creación diciembre 14, 2021
- Última actualización diciembre 14, 2021
Opportunities for Electric Ferries in Latin America
This report provides an overview of the opportunity represented by the electrification of inland and coastal ferries in Latin America. In preparation of this report, four main pieces of research have been undertaken:
1) A review of electric ferry activity around the world and interviews with several project teams;
2) Construction of an economic model – the Latam E-Ferry Model (LEFM) – comparing the capital and operating costs of a typical mid-sized electric ferry to those of a conventional diesel-powered ferry;
3) Assembly of a data set of ferry routes in Latin America, and assessment of five initial candidate routes for electrification; and
4) Analysis of the electric ferry supply chain and identification of addressable market size in Latin America.
As a result of this work, a number of conclusions can be drawn and recommendations made.