For downloading the presentation from Sjoerd Moorman, please click here.
- Based on the example for Porto Santo the use of stationary batteries as 2nd life applications. What role do you see for 2nd life uses of vehicle batteries when thinking about the future of V2G?
I see a bright future for a myriad of flexible energy & smart storage solutions. That includes both 2nd life batteries and V2G.
Although from a cost perspective, with the price of bidirectional (V2G) charger quickly approaching the price of a smart charger, this means that the capital cost per kWh for unlocking your 60 kWh EV battery are very low compared to that of stationary batteries.
- How is the business model for the company you showed in the Netherlands?
1. Mitsubishi/NewMotion/TenneT – TSO high voltage grid frequency (FCR) services at ±2000-3000€/MW/week
2. NewMotion/Alliander/Enervalis – DSO low and medium voltage grid services and behind-the-meter peak shaving to reduce (peak) demand charges
- Can we access the technical specification on the project in Aruba and Mauritius?
+ another paper on islands (incl. Aruba) that I co-authored: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306261918308249
Mauritius: the report is not public, and would need be requested directly through the Ministry of Energy of Mauritius.